- Conducted a diagnosis of the situation by conducting a series of interviews, both within Operations and with some its key external users
- Conducted an analysis of the distribution of back-middle office activities across different organizational Units and identified areas for improvement
- Conducted a review of the IT organization and provided recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- A comprehensive review and high-level scoping of all projects involving Operations was conducted. Those were then grouped into 6 Business programs, for which clear business outcomes were identified
- A high-level analysis of capacity vs. current commitments was conducted, revealing that Operations was 24 people short in order to meet its delivery commitments. This set the tone for prioritization of business programs, staffing, recommitments and accountability.
- Review of the organization of Operations, including the creation and recruitment for new critical positions to strengthen capabilities within Operations
- Review of the operating model for Operations to increase management focus and facilitate coordination both within Operations and with the Investment Departments
- Implementation of an Integration Office, reporting directly to the ExCo, with the overall responsibility of coordinating advancement of organization-wide business programs based on capacity and to provide ExCo with the necessary insights to inform the strategic business planning process, including decisions around reprioritization of programs